Public Schools in Mississauga
At the Peel District School Board, we are committed to inspire the smile within each child. Everything we do is designed to help each child achieve to the best of his or her ability. Our collective, daily efforts make a positive difference in the lives of our students, their families and the world.
We inspire success, confidence and hope in each child
There’s no better place for your child to learn, grow and succeed. Here’s why:
- Your children are our children. We are committed to their well-being, safety and success.
- We expect nothing short of excellence and set high expectations for achievement. Our students consistently achieve academic and personal excellence.
- Students are encouraged to pursue their passions—we offer a variety of programs of choice and extracurricular activities to meet the needs of every student.
- Our schools are alive with diversity. This enhances the school experience—students learn to interact in a diverse environment and prepare for global citizenship in Canada and the world.
- Our dedicated, caring and diverse staff are well-qualified and results-oriented individuals who help students achieve to their full potential.
- We enable creative and innovative learning through technology to engage each student.
- We welcome and value parent and community involvement. We listen and respond to needs, so that everyone is included, recognized and valued.
French-Immersion Public Schools in Mississauga
Public School French Immersion Program in Mississauga
In the immersion program, students can achieve a high level of proficiency in French, while they continue to develop English language skills.
Grade 1 students spend 85 per cent of their school time learning in French. From grades 2 to 8, they spend half of their school day learning in French and the other half learning in English. In high school, students are required to complete 10 credits in French. By the end of the four year secondary school program, students will have successfully completed the sequence of four courses in French immersion and a minimum of six courses in other subjects taught in French. By the end of high school, immersion students have proficiency in both French and English. When they graduate, they receive a certificate of bilingual studies.
Extended French Program
Another option to consider is the extended French program. This optional program starts in grade 7 and provides another immersion opportunity for students. Students spend half of their school day studying language arts, social studies and science in French. In high school, students take four credits in extended French and three credits in other subjects taught in French.
Junior French Immersion Elementary Public Schools in Mississauga
Britannia Public School (Streetsville)
Burnhamthorpe Public School (Applewood)
Corsair Public School (Cooksville)
Credit Valley Public School (Central Erin Mills)
Edenrose Public School (East Credit)
Mineola Public School (Mineola)
Oscar Peterson P.S. (Churchill Meadows)
Plum Tree Park P.S. (Meadowvale)
Settlers Green P.S. (Meadowvale)
Sheridan Park Public School (Sheridan)
Vista Heights Public School (Streetsville)
Whiteoaks Public School (Lorne Park)
Senior French Immersion Middle Public Schools in Mississauga
Edenwood Middle School
6770 Edenwood Drive
Mississauga, On. L5N 3B2
Erin Centre Middle School
3240 Erin Centre Blvd.,
Mississauga, On. L5M 7T9
Hazel McCallion Senior Public School
5750 River Grove Ave.
Mississauga On. L5M 4R5
Hillcrest Middle School
1530 Springwell Ave.
Mississauga, On. L5J 3H6
Tomken Road Middle School
3200 Tomken Road
Mississauga, On. L4Y 2Y6
Secondary French Immersion Public High Schools in Mississauga
Applewood Heights Secondary School
945 Bloor Street East
Mississauga, On. L4Y 2M8
Clarkson Secondary School
2524 Bromsgrove Road
Mississauga, On. L5J 1L8
Streetsville Secondary School
72 Joymar Drive
Mississauga, On. L5M 1G3
Secondary Extended French Immersion Public High School Program in Mississauga
Lorne Park Secondary School
1324 Lorne Park Road
Mississauga, On. L5H 3B1
For more information on Peel Schools visit their website at: www.peelschools.org